Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Cornbread Ham and Bean Bake

I had half a pound of leftover ham in my fridge and I was low on ideas. I also happen to be low on groceries. So when I grabbed a family size can of baked beans and a can of kidney beans I wasnt too hopeful.

I fried one inch ham cubes in butter and honey. Then I added both cans of beans, half a cup of honey mustard, half a cup of brown sugar, half a cup of bbq sauce and half a cup of diced white onion. I simmered it for twenty minutes before turning off the heat.

I prepared homemade cornbread but any premade mix will do, as long as its big enough to make two loafs. I made sweet cornbread because thats what I love but a cheesy spicy cornbread would be just as tasty.

Pour your bean mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and top it with your cornbread batter and bake for 25 minutes at 400°. You know have a delicious and easy meal from my kitchen to your table.

No comments:

Post a Comment