Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Easy Cheesy Enchiladas

Tonight I made a tasty simple dinner my whole family loves! Enchiladas are so easy, this is a great opportunity to get the whole family involved in the process. My daughter sprinkled cheese and my husband browned the ground chuck.

I make my own creamy enchilada sauce out of a quarter cup of taco sauce, two cups of sour cream, a cup of chicken broth and 8oz of cheddar cheese and a tablespoon of taco seasoning.

This dish is not only easy to make, it has some very basic ingredients. Flour tortillas, ground chuck, cheese, taco seasoning, enchilada sauce, refried beans and assorted toppings are all you need.

My husband browned the ground chuck a little before adding the taco seasoning. He continued to brown and seperate the meat until it was cooked thoroughly.

To the meat I added a can of refried beans. I only used one pound of ground chuck, but I  suggest one can of refried beans per pound of meat, so if you brown two pounds of meat, add two cans of refried beans. Remember, the ground chuck can be replaced with any ground meat. Turkey, chicken, pork, venison, whatever you have on hand. Then add an entire 8oz bag of shredded cheese! I did say easy CHEESY enchiladas!

Take each tortilla and spread a liberal amount of the meat mixture to the center of the tortilla. I used a regular 8" tortilla so my final roll was cut in half. If you buy small tortillas that step wont be necessary. After your meat mixture is on the tortilla, roll the tortilla around the meat mixture until you have a nice thick roll.

Place your well formed rolls into a glass baking dish. Pour your enchilada sauce overtop your enchiladas. Add a generous sprinkling of cheese on top of the sauce and bake for 20 minutes at 350°

Once your enchiladas are baked all you have to do is top them with your favorite veggies and condiments. We top ours with lettuce, onions, black olives, sour cream and more cheese!

So there you have it! An easy and satisfying meal the whole family can help make and enjoy! From my kitchen to your table!

No comments:

Post a Comment