Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chicken Enchilada Pizza

This dish was my invention to simply indulge my daughters whimsical request. I asked her if she wanted pizza or tacos for dinner and she said chicken. I said I can make chicken tacos. She requested chicken taco pizza. So this is my response.

I made a quick 5 minute pizza crust. You could always use store bought or your own recipe. Then I spread some refried beans on the crust.

I cooked my chicken in the oven for five hours at 275°. Before they went into the oven I filled the baking dish they were in with chicken broth. Then I sprinkled the chicken liberally with taco seasoning.

For the sauce, I mixed a can of Cheddar cheese sauce, a can of enchilada sauce and five tablespoons of sour cream. Spread the sauce as evenly as possible before sprinkling your shredded chicken on. I also diced up some onions to throw on there. Then I topped it with taco blend cheese.

Bake your pizza at 400° for twenty five minutes. Feel free to top with anything you'd top enchiladas with. Tomatoes, lettuce, black olives, whatever you like. Another great meal from my kitchen to your table!

No comments:

Post a Comment