Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 1, 2012

Italian Loaf Dinner

This dinner is as easy as it gets, and one of my family's favorites. At our local grocery store we can buy beautiful loaves of Italian bread for a dollar, and garlic bread spread (margarine, heavily flavored with Italian seasonings and garlic) for three dollars, all on the same display. I often indulge in this sale, because the loaves can be frozen and used at a later date.

Tonight I thawed out a loaf of Italian bread and split it down the middle horizontally. I had a top and a bottom, so with the top, I spread pizza sauce, pepperoni, cheese and black olives.

On the bottom I spread the garlic bread spread and topped with shredded cheese and parmesan cheese.

I placed both halves on a baking sheet into the oven. I preheated the oven to 425° because my family enjoys crispy pizza and bread. 400° would work just as nicely. After about twelve minutes in the oven I had a super quick, super fun and super easy meal from my kitchen to your table.

No comments:

Post a Comment