Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 3, 2012

Get Creative!

Tonight I don't have a recipe for you specifically. I'm just going to sing a thousand praises of a newer product that has become a staple in my home. Kraft Fresh Takes are versatile and delicious and help my family eat amazing meals quickly! I've made meatballs, meatloaf, ravioli filling, crusted chicken breasts, stuffed pork chops and stuffed mushroom filling with this fantastic product. There are so many flavors to meet each persons preferences. In our case we have found that as a family our favorite is Savory Four Cheese, with Chili Lime Panko as a close second. The flavor combinations are as endless as your imagination.

Just last night I made a meatloaf using one pound ground chuck, one Cheddar Jack and Bacon Fresh Take and one large egg. Mix her up and you have a DIVINE, moist flavorful meatloaf. I didn't add anything else. Tonight we are having Chili Lime Panko breaded chicken and freshly picked corn on the cob.

The point to my thousand praises is this: Never be afraid to use a single product in multiple ways. Don't let a foods intended purpose prevent you from experimenting with it, just to see what you could do. I use chili beans in an enchilada bake instead of refried beans because one night I didn't have any refried beans. I mashed up those chili beans and discovered Wow! This tastes great! So that's how I do it to this day. Be adventerous, be creative, and as always, Have Fun and Cook With Your Kids. Its never to early to start making great memories in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment