Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Chili Cheese Tater Tot Casserole

This dish is how I use up leftover chili. For some reason I always make enough chili to feed an army. But just in case you don't have any leftover chili sitting in your fridge or freezer, I'll give you my recipe.

In a large pot brown a pound of ground chuck. Drain the grease off the meat, using your metal strainer. Put the meat back in the large pot and add one can of chili beans, one can of kidney beans, one can of Ro Tel and one large can of diced tomatoes to your meat, ALL undrained. Add a chili seasoning packet (I use French's Chili with Onion) or chili powder to taste. Bring your chili to a boil, then take the heat down to a simmer for about half an hour.

Now on to the casserole! Spray a large casserole dish with non stick spray. Put the tater tots into the casseroles dish. I used about 3/4 of a bag but it really depends on how big your pan is. Mine is 5x9x2.

Once you have a nice layer of tater tots, pour your chili over them. Don't saturate them, but make sure you have enough. I used about two and a half cups. Then sprinkle about 8 oz of shredded Cheddar cheese on top. Bake on 350° for about 45 minutes. There you have it! A quick and easy lunch anyone can make. A fun meal from my kitchen to your table!

No comments:

Post a Comment