Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Crispy Cracker Crumb Crusted Chicken

On Jul 12, 2012 6:10 PM, "Katelyn McEown" <kermitkisses23@gmail.com> wrote:

Tonight I'm making one of my fiancée's favorite foods. Crispy Cracker Crumb Crusted Chicken! Besides having a fun name, this dish can be very fun to make. If you have kids this is a meal they can get involved in. My two year old even gets involved. This dish is as simple as it gets.

All you need is a pound of chicken breasts cut to the desired size, two eggs, a half a cup of milk, vegetable oil for frying and one sleeve of crushed club crackers. My daughter does the cracker crusging in a large freezer bag with one of her toy hammers. If you dont have toy hammers laying around a rolling pin works just as well. I don't like to crush my crackers down fine because I love the texture of the bigger cracker pieces but you can crush them down as fine as you'd like.

Crack your eggs into a medium mixing bowl. Add your milk and whisk them like you're making scrambled eggs. Pat your chicken pieces dry with a paper towel before dredging them in your egg mixture Make sure each piece gets well coated.

The next step has a few options for its completion. Personally I put my cracker crumbs in a gallon size freezer bag to crush them, so I just place my egg coated chicken chunks in the bag and shake like mad. But if you would prefer you can always place your cracker crumbs in shallow dish and hand coat each piece. If you find that your cracker coating isn't sticking the way you would like, you can always dunk them back in the egg and repeat your breading process. Its all about personal preference.

I use a deep skillet to fry my chicken in, because I don't own a deep fryer. If you have a deep fryer, heat it up to 375° and cook your chicken chunks for 8-10 minutes. If you're like me and don't have a deep fryer, put enough oil in your skillet so its about an inch deep. Heat it until your handy dandy thermometer reads 375°. Now if you're working with the barest kitchen essentials and are thermometer-less you can always use the pop test. Sprinkle a drop or two of water on your oil. If it pops your oil is ready. Carefully place your chicken in the hot oil and let it cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Drain off any excess grease on a paper towel. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Voila! A great meal from my kitchen to your table!

No comments:

Post a Comment