Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Chicken and Veggie Alfredo

Tonight I'm making chicken alfredo but not from scratch. I have never mastered the alfredo sauce, I'm ashamed to admit. So I use a sauce packet. I serve mine over whatever noodle strikes me. So today I'm using egg noodles. I'm also using a bag of frozen stir fry veggies. I usually use just broccoli but I didn't have it up there so I figured why not?

The first step is to cut up your chicken. I use bite size chunks but any size you want is fine. If you want to pan fry a whole breast and throw it over your noodles I say go for it! Never be afraid to try something new! Put a little olive oil in a frying pan and cook your chicken all the way through. Add your veggies and cook until heated through.

Follow the directions on the back of your alfredo sauce mix, and as you do so boil up your noodles. Pretty soon you'll have all the components to a great meal ready for your belly.

As you've probably noticed, almost all of these components are store bought and premade. This is because I'm an average mom and while I love to cook, I do have a two year old who likes attention. This meal is delicious and easy to make, fast. I would never discourage anyone from making a meal from scratch, and I have made this meal from scratch. I'm simply providing a delicious alternative for someone who doesn't have time to do so. I hope you enjoy this fast, great meal from my kitchen to your table!

No comments:

Post a Comment