Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 23, 2012

Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Waffles

Waffles are such a versatile food. Savory or sweet. Topped or plain. So many flavors and possibilities. I happen to love the sweet variety of waffles and that is reflected in this recipe.

As I'm sure you guys have noticed, I'm not big on exact measurements but for this recipe its necessary. So today we will be using: 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 4 teaspoons baking powder, 2 tablespoons white sugar, 2 eggs, 1 1/2 cups warm milk, 1/3 cup butter, melted, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup butterscotch chips.

Mix it all together and you have a great waffle batter. You'll want to let this sit while your waffle iron heats up. I like how it thickens up. I spray my waffle iron with nonstick spray. It says its not necessary but it adds an extra crisp factor. Remember just put your batter in the middle and spread it out gently. DO NOT smoosh the top down. There's no need. Follow the directions that come with your waffle iron. My waffles take about five minutes to cook.

After your waffles are cooked you can top them however you like, I top mine with whipped cream and sliced strawberries since I find syrup to make the waffles seem overly sweet. But that's a personal preference. I also fried up some sausage links to go with it but you can have the protein of your choice or even allow the waffles to steal the show and stand alone.

I hope you try different toppings and fillers to these great waffles. Maybe try blueberries or white chocolate chips. Or both! This recipe is so versatile you can add just about anything. So here's a great meal from my kitchen to your table!

No comments:

Post a Comment