Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Lasagna is a favorite dish in my household, and is usually pretty standard. This time though, I decided to go above and beyond and make a fancy lasagna loaded with tasty healthy veggies. You know, to offset all that cheese. So featured in this fabulous lasagna is a rainbow of vegetables. Zucchini, summer squash, red onions, orange bell pepper and black olives compliment the ground chuck, Italian sausage and thick tomato sauce. And of course, three kinds of cheese to make it ooey gooey and delicious. I used mild cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan. 

The process is very simple. Brown your ground chuck and Italian sausage with minced garlic and drain off the grease. Add your chopped rainbow of veggies to the meat, then a jar of sauce. 

I precook my noodles, I know not everyone does but I do. So I layer my cooked noodles into my pan before I add a generous portion of the meat and veggie mixture. Ordinarily I would add ricotta cheese, but I forgot to buy ricotta so there is none. I used cottage cheese as a substitute. Feel free to add it to your lasagna though. It can only make it better. 

Top the meat mixture with your cheeses and add another layer of noodles on top. Repeat this process as many times as your pan will allow. I got three layers before my pan was full. Remember to add extra cheese to the top of yours. I had leftover black olives so those went on top as well. Bake at 350 until all your cheese is melted and the whole house smells fantastic. So there you have it, another great meal from my kitchen to your table!

No comments:

Post a Comment