Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Chili Cheese Stuffed Corn Muffins

Remember how I mentioned in my S'mores Cupcake blog that I love filling cupcakes? Well I decided to try that with a savory food. I had some leftover chili and everything to make cornbread. Thus, chili cheese stuffed corn muffins were born. 

Now my way of making cornbread is... different. I'm aneyeballer. But here are the rough measurements:

1 cup yellow cornmeal 
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder 
1 can creamed corn
1 large jalapeƱo, diced
1/4 cup green onions, diced
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 large egg
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
1/2 cup granulated sugar. 

Now mix all the ingredients. Are they mixed? Good. Now grease your muffin tin well or use the cupcake liners. I used the cupcake liners and they stuck to the liner a bit. Fill each muffin cup a third of the way. 

Now put a generous glop (my standard unit of measurement) of chili on top of the batter. I used leftover chili. You could make a new batch just for these, or you could even buy a can of chili. No. Don't buy a can. Make the chili. It will make these 1000x better. 

After you've placed a glop of chili in each muffin tin, cover the chili with the remaining batter. Bake at 375 for 22 minutes. Now for the hard part... Let them cool! Not completely, just enough to set up a bit and not scald the ever loving bazooka out of your  poor mouth. A certain grown man who knows better did that in my house. There you have it! Another great dish from my kitchen to your table!

No comments:

Post a Comment