Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Rainbow Cinnamon Rolls

Two blogs in one day? This girl is on fire. Please tell me you sang that. Because I did. Any Alicia Keyes fans? No? Ah well. 

Anywho. We start our cinnamon rolls with the dough. I cheated. Like crazy. Two cups of jiffy baking mix, 4oz cream cheese, five tablespoons sugar and 1/2 cup milk. Oh my good gravy Katelyn it's a sticky horrid mess! Well that's what you get for not reading the directions first! Don't go throwing all that together, it'll be awful, you'll cry. Or be mad and cuss me out. Both maybe.

Start by mixing your cream cheese into the jiffy mix. You'll get a crumbly moist mixture that holds together if you squeeze it but crumbles apart easily. Now add that milk. Oh holy tater tots it's STILL a sticky awful mess?! Why Katelyn why?! Yeah I noticed that it was horrid. So I added flour a tablespoon at a time until my dough came together in a nice soft not at all sticky ball. Took five tablespoons of all purpose flour for me. But I do suggest adding one at a time. 

Got a nice ball of dough? Good! Now flour your work surface and plop it out. Roll it out into a nice rectangle-ish shape. If you absolutely must have it a perfect rectangle go ahead and trim it into one. I did not. Lopsided cinnamon rolls for my family it is! Now take a heaping tablespoon of butter and smear it all over your faux rectangle. This will add ooey gooey later so don't skimp! 

Now sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar as evenly as possible. Now sprinkle 1/8 cup of cinnamon as evenly as possible. Now for the sprinkles. That's the rainbow part. I used rainbow non perils and they're so cute. But I bet rainbow jimmies would be awesome too. About a quarter cup of those. 

Now very carefully roll your rectangle up. Got a nice log? Good now slice it into twelve even pieces. Lay them onto a greased baking sheet and bake at 425 for 16 minutes. 

Could you ice these? Absolutely. I didn't but that doesn't mean you can't. 

So there you have it! A tasty and quick dessert from my kitchen to your table!   


No comments:

Post a Comment