Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Loaded Baked Potatoes

In my house we enjoy potatoes. They're a very versatile tuber. Filling and loaded with nutrients, potatoes are a wonder food!

These fantastic roots saved my butt tonight! We don't have much but leftovers. So while surveying the fridge contents I came across some roasted carrots, seared kielbasa and not much else. I recently made a country bake so I figured we would just have leftover and baked potatoes. When text messaging my husband this information my phone decided to say we were having kielbasa and carrots IN baked potatoes.

Divine intervention aside, I thought it was a great idea. So I baked my potatoes,  scooped out the insides and smashed them with a half a stick of butter, a quarter cup of sour cream and a cup of shredded cheese. I then mixed in my chunks of kielbasa and roasted carrot, before putting the mixture back in the shell. I baked these for 20 minutes at 400°. The end result was a crispy skinned potato stuffed with a creamy mixture, only enhanced by the meat and carrots. I didn't add adirional seasonings because if how well my carrots were seasoned, but a half a teaspoon of garlic would do these taters good.

And there you have it! A quick and easy way to utilize leftovers! From my kitchen to your table!

No comments:

Post a Comment