Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 23, 2012

Sweet Potato Turnovers

Amongst all the fantastic food on Thanksgiving, I made a special dish to try to get my husband and daughter to eat sweet potatoes. They both wrinkle their noses at the sight of them, so I hid them away. But believe me, they are definitely the star of this dish!

I diced up a large sweet potato into small cubes. Then I tossed it with seven strips of Bacon, chopped up small, a quarter cup diced scallions and two heaping tablespoons of butter. Then I roasted them at 300° for an hour. Then I let them cool completely before stirring in 4oz shredded cheddar cheese.

I used premade biscuits to save time, but homemade would be FANTASTIC in this dish. I rolled each biscuit as thin as possible before placing a small chunk of butter on one part of the disc, then piled on a liberal tablespoon of sweet potato filling before folding the other side over and pinching to seal. Bake at 375° until golden brown and delicious.

And there you have it! Another great dish from my kitchen to your table!

No comments:

Post a Comment